- A cookie is a file containing an identifier (a string of letters and numbers) that is sent by a web server to a web browser and is stored by the browser. The identifier is then sent back to the server each time the browser requests a page from the server.
- Cookies may be either "persistent" cookies or "session" cookies: a persistent cookie will be stored by a web browser and will remain valid until its set expiry date, unless deleted by the user before the expiry date; a session cookie, on the other hand, will expire at the end of the user session, when the web browser is closed.
Cookies that we use
- These cookies provide third-party features, such as our live chat facility:
|tawk.to (Live chat functionality)||
|Third party cookie that remembers you so that we can link chat conversations together to provide a better service.|
|Universal Analytics (Google)||
|These cookies collect anonymous information about visitors to our website. This helps us to improve the content on our website.|
- Most browsers allow you to refuse to accept cookies and to delete cookies. The methods for doing so vary from browser to browser, and from version to version. You can however obtain up-to-date information about blocking and deleting cookies via these links:
- Chrome – https://support.google.com/chrome/answer/95647?hl=en
- Internet Explorer - https://support.microsoft.com/en-gb/help/17442/windows-internet-explorer-delete-manage-cookies
- Edge – https://privacy.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10-microsoft-edge-and-privacy
- Firefox – https://support.mozilla.org/en-US/kb/enable-and-disable-cookies-website-preferences
- Safari – https://support.apple.com/kb/PH21411
- Opera – http://www.opera.com/help/tutorials/security/cookies/
- If you block cookies, you will not be able to use all the features on our website.
- We may update this policy from time to time by publishing a new version on our website.
- You should check this page occasionally to ensure you are happy with any changes to this policy.
- We may notify you of changes to this policy by email or through a message on our website.
- This website is owned and operated by Gamston Flying School Limited.
- We are registered in England and Wales under registration number 07404876, and our registered office is at Gamston Flying School Limited, Retford (Gamston) Airport, Retford, Nottinghamshire, DN22 0QL.
- You can contact us:
- by post, using the postal address given above;
- by telephone, on 01777 838222; or
- by email, using email@example.com
Data protection officer
- Our data protection officer's contact details are: firstname.lastname@example.org