To start the IMC / Instrument Rating (Restricted) course you must:
- hold a valid PPL(A) / CPL(A);
- hold a valid UK issued FROTL;
- have completed at least 25 hours of total flight experience post licence issue, which much include:
- at least 10 hours of flight as pilot-in-command, which must include:
- 5 hours cross country (navigation) flight.
The IMC / Instrument Rating (Restricted) is valid for 25 months.
It requires a test to revalidate. We offer in-house examiners should you need to renew or revalidate your IMC / Instrument Rating (Restricted).
We think differently about flight training.
With membership, you get access to our online members area. It's much more than online booking - you can see your training record, check Gamston's weather, pay for your flight online, and so much more!
Generous time slots and friendly one-to-one instruction in our modern facilities mean that you'll always get the quality time that you need whilst training.
Plus, we don't have any hidden payments. There are no landing fees at Gamston whilst using our well-maintained fleet of aircraft and hot drinks are available at no additional cost.