You must be at least 14 years of age to log hours towards the PPL(A).
The PPL(A) does not expire.
However, you will be issed with a Single-Engine Piston (Land) Rating. This rating allows you to fly single piston-engined aircraft with a maximum takeoff weight of 5,700kg. It is valid for 24 months.
There are two ways to revalidate (keep valid) the SEP (Land) Rating:
- within the 3 months preceding the expiry date of the SEP (Land) Rating, pass a proficiency check with an examiner; or:
- within the 12 months preceding the expiry date of the SEP (Land) Rating, complete 12 hours of flight time, including:
- 6 hours as pilot-in-command;
- 12 takeoffs and landings; and:
- refresher training of at least 1 hour with a flight instructor.
Should your SEP (Land) Rating expire we can offer refresher training as needed to pass a proficiency check with an examiner.
We think differently about flight training.
With membership, you get access to our online members area. It's much more than online booking - you can see your training record, check Gamston's weather, pay for your flight online, and so much more!
Generous time slots and friendly one-to-one instruction in our modern facilities mean that you'll always get the quality time that you need whilst training.
Plus, we don't have any hidden payments. There are no landing fees at Gamston whilst using our well-maintained fleet of aircraft and hot drinks are available at no additional cost.